Former Vietnamese soccer team coach Park Hang-seo (65) made a statement about her convictions in Korea.
In 2017, coach Park Hang-seo was appointed head coach of Vietnam’s national soccer team and under-23s. It was the fourth case of a Korean leader leading a foreign team. Under coach Park Hang-seo, Vietnamese football has grown rapidly. He finished runner-up at the 2018 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Under-23 Championship, and at the 2018 Jakarta Palembang Asian Games, he unfortunately lost 1-3 in the semifinals against Korea, but finished fourth.
Although he did not make it to the finals, he fought hard by advancing to the final Asian qualifying round for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar. In January, he dreamed of a “last dance” at the 2022 ASEAN Football Federation (AFF) Mitsubishi Electric Cup, but unfortunately lost to Thailand in the final and finished his job as coach of the Vietnamese national team as runner-up. 메이저사이트
Director Park Hang-seo briefly returned to Korea via Incheon International Airport on the 14th. Director Park Hang-seo will depart for Vietnam again on the 16th after digesting the schedule such as filming for the broadcast. Director Park Hang-seo gave an interview after his return to Korea.
Q&A with director Park Hang-seo
How do you feel about returning to Korea?
- Five years and four months have passed since you supervised Vietnam. He returned to Korea, but he did not expect many reporters to come. Thank you for your interest. I think I did well with my own responsibility during that period. His interest in Vietnam during his coaching period was also appreciated and was a great driving force.
thank you vietnam
- You received a lot of love from Vietnamese fans. Without the encouragement of the people, life would not have been easy. Thank you for cheering me on at all times.
Will the relationship with Vietnam continue?
- We’ve been together for 5 years, so we’ve maintained a good relationship. I don’t have the heart to carry out the coaching job, so I’m thinking about the youth side or another direction. Many places say to do it, but youth is not easy for foreigners to do in Vietnam. I am thinking about the role of the link.
What is your coaching plan?
- You finished well in Vietnam, but it’s not right to go to another team easily. In Korea, juniors are doing well. I have no intention of directing in Korea or Vietnam. Physically, I think it is possible to work in the field for about 2-3 years. You should discuss it with the company.
You can fly Vietnam Airlines for free for life?
- Thank you so much. At first, I thought it was one year, but it turned out to be a lifetime (laughs). I think it means to have a link with Vietnam.
Did you receive a commendation?
- Before I went, the association asked me to have a meal, so I went, but the Minister of Sports and others came and held a farewell party. I think it means that you did a good job by giving me a commendation.
Was there a battle of words with director Shin Tae-yong?
- There is no reason to have an affair with a junior. They could have a war of nerves ahead of an important match, and the news was conveyed without intermediate information in the media. Whether it’s director Shin Tae-yong or another director, there is no need to belittle each other in an interview. I think it’s possible enough. Coach Shin Tae-yong has an important tournament ahead, so I hope he can show his presence again.
Did you criticize the Korea Football Association?
- I’ve been away from Korean soccer for a long time, so I don’t know the atmosphere well. There are parts where I don’t know the exact situation. He is now one of the ordinary Korean footballers. However, the chairperson of the technical committee has the conviction that a person from his own country should do it. He doesn’t have the right to appoint people, but it doesn’t seem like a very desirable situation.
What is your most memorable moment?
- He found out that he played 98 matches for the first time at a fan meeting. Shortly after taking office, he is most remembered when he finished runner-up in the Under-23 Championship. At the time, there were very few systems. So he seems to be uniquely memorable.
What are your goals for the rest of your coaching career?
- There is no specific goal because the future has not been decided yet. However, if he returns to the field, he thinks it will be his last chance and tries to have his original intention.